Monday, March 12, 2012

Hax0r

I was trying to log-in to my internet provider's website this weekend and no password I tried seemed to work. When I went to reset the password it asked for the answer to a security question: "In what city where you born?" I tried every single combination that I could think of and nothing worked.
  • Toronto
  • toronto
  • North York
  • NorthYork
  • Willowdale
  • Scarborough <-- Actually I think this is the only accurate one.
Eventually I broke down and called customer service. After answering a couple questions the rep told me the password was "password". I was dumbfounded. I realized this was probably because I had never logged into this account before; it was set up by the rep several years ago and I never found a reson to log-in.

After logging-in to the account I found the answer to the security question was in fact "toranto".

No comments:

Post a Comment